3.07.2010

Malevolent March: Day 7

For the month of March, I'm going to try something new for the blog, so every day I am going to spotlight a different villain from comic books, movies, TV, etc. It's mostly going to be my all-time favorite villains, with some crazy random ones thrown in there for good measure, so check back every day to see the newest villain in Malevolent March!


With the Academy Awards tonight, I'm going to spotlight the villain who is more than a lock to win Best Supporting Actor, making it the third villain in 3 years (after Anton Chigurh and the Joker) to win that award. Today's villain is the Academy Award nominated performance by Christoph Waltz for Col. Hans Landa. Hit the jump for the villain.

Col. Hans Landa

Inglourious Basterds (2009)

Background: A cunning, sly, sadistic, charming, and evil character. His deeds done for the Nazi forces have earned him the title of "The Jew Hunter," which he gleefully states he unoffically earned. He'll slaughter and kill anything that he feels gets in his way, and will enjoy the act of doing it. He believes his work is that of a "detective" as he searches for homes that may be hiding runaway Jews. He is so evil, in fact, he would gladly let Germany fall so he would get any benfit out of it. He is also seemingly very educated, as he can speak German, English, French, and Italian very clearly. Waltz is amazing as Landa, and the fact that the most intense and riveting scenes of the movie happen because of him ordering a glass of milk or when he's toying with his captors like a cat would play with a mouse before its meal.

Great Quotes of Hans Landa:

-"What a tremendously hostile world that a rat must endure. Yet not only does he survive, he thrives. Because our little foe has an instinct for survival and preservation second to none... And that Monsieur is what a Jew shares with a rat."


-Col. Hans Landa: [giddy] That's a bingo! Is that the way you say it? "That's a bingo?"
Lt. Aldo Raine: You just say "bingo".
Col. Hans Landa: Ahhh! BINGO! How fun! But, I digress. Where were we?
-Col. Hans Landa: What's that English saying about shoes and feet?

Lt. Aldo Raine: "Looks like the shoe's on the other foot." Yeah, I was just thinking that.

-"I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, where rumors, true or false, are often revealing."
 
-"I have no doubt, and yes, some Germans will die, and yes, it will ruin the evening, and yes, Goebbels will be very, very, very mad at you for what you've done to his big night. But you won't get Hitler, you won't get Goebbels, you won't get Goering and you won't get Bormann. And you need all four to end the war. But if I don't pick up that phone right there, you may very well get all four. And if you get all four, you end the war... tonight. So, gentlemen, let's discuss the prospect of ending the war tonight."
 
-Col. Hans Landa: 'Jew Hunter'? It's just a name that stuck.
Pfc. Smithson Utivich: Well, you do have to admit, it is catchy.


-Lt. Aldo Raine: You know, where I'm from...

Col. Hans Landa: Yeah, where is that, exactly?
Lt. Aldo Raine: Maynardville, Tennessee. Up 'ere, when you engage in what the federal government calls "illegal activity" but what we call "a man tryin' to make a livin' for his family sellin' moonshine liquor," it behooves oneself to keep his wits. Long story short, we hear a story too good to be true... it ain't.
Col. Hans Landa: Sitting in your chair, I would probably say the same thing. And 999 point 999 times out of a million, you would be correct. But in the pages of history, every once in a while, fate reaches out and extends its hand. What shall the history books read?

1 comment:

  1. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Love Spell,Lottery Spell,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility, ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffring from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..info@drituaherbalcenter.com / drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete