11.17.2009

All-Time Awesome Lines From Comics Pt. 8


So I took some time off from this feature in order to focus on my Top 100 movies list, so we're back now, diving right into one of my favorite comic books run ever, Joss Whedon and John Cassady's Astonishing X-Men run. Hit the Jump for the lines.



Astonishing X-Men #2 - Gifted

Really to enjoy these awesome lines from this comic, the only thing you need to know is that when Kitty Pryde first joined the X-Men, Emma Frost was still a supervillain and a member of the Hellfire Club. On Kitty's first mission with the team, the Hellfire Club captures all of them and there's a huge fight. Now, several years later, Emma Frost has since reformed and joined the X-Men and Kitty has just returned to the team at Cyclops' request. After their first mission saving a group of socialites, Emma takes Kitty aside to talk to her.

Emma: I'll be brief. Things are about to get very ugly for us here, so I wanted to---

Kitty: I'm sorry --there's a part that's not ugly?

Emma:... Do you know why you're here, Ms. Pryde? Because I asked that you come. I don't have a family famous for moral fiber, I like to think I've evolved. But I wanted someone on the team that I hadn't really fought alongside. Someone would be inclined to watch me if I..

Kitty: The first time I ever met the X-Men. The First DAY. They were ambushed , and captured and caged. By you. I learned more about good and evil in that first day than I ever have before or since. I was thirteen. When I think about evil, when I think about the concept of evil, yours is the face I see

Kitty: I don't have to watch you Miss Frost. I can SMELL you.

Bam! Just great writing by Joss Whedon. But to be fair, I am a huge Whedon fanboy. Huge. I'll do another line from this run tomorrow also.

No comments:

Post a Comment