11.12.2009

100 Greatest Movies All-Time Pt. 1 - 100-75


Welcome everybody to my list of the 100 Greatest Movies of All-Time! So a brief introduction to how I'm going to be doing this and also a quick run-down of the criteria for the movie. First things first, I'm going to be counting down from 100 to 1, with the bottom 75 presented in three seperate posts of 25 each where they will pretty much just be listed, with a few movies getting specific explanations for why they are there. And then the top 25 will be in posts of 5 where I will do a write-up for every film. As for the qualifications, I'm going to be including films that would never have won any academy awards, because in my mind there are two kinds of films: good movies and awesome movies. While there are cases where a film can be both good and be considered awesome, for the most part a film is one or the other. A good film is a real quality film that is very well put together and beautiful to watch, like Schindler's List, whereas an awesome film is just a movie that is completely bad-ass, like Die Hard. So in my mind, I am giving both kinds of movies equal weight when considering my favorite 100 movies. Hit the jump for 100 - 75.



Honorable Mentions:
X-2: X-Men United, 300, I Am Legend, Blood Diamond, Get Shorty, Jackie Brown, Heat

100.) Red Dawn
- WOLVERINES!!!!!!!

99.) Forest Gump
 - Would have been higher, except that now when I think about this movie all I think about is Benjamin Button, which is an absolutely terrible movie and basically the exact same film as Forest Gump and both were written by the same guy. So this is an example of a film that was hurt by another film that came out after it was released.

98.) The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

97.) Snatch

96.) Groundhog Day

95.) Unbreakable

94.) Boondock Saints
 - A clear example of a movie that is in here because it is awesome, not necessarily a good movie. Though I love it.

93.) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Second favorite love story of this part of the countdown.

92.) Demolition Man
- "Let's go lick his ass." "KICK his ass. Let's go KICK his ass." "Whatever."

91.) Million Dollar Baby

90.) Full Metal Jacket


89.) Wall-E
 - My favorite love story on this post.

88.) Children of Men

87.) The Incredibles
- My favorite Pixar film, though I will admit that it is not the best. That's coming up in later posts.

86.) The Great Escape

85.) American History X
 - The "Bite the curb"scene still gives me the chills. What a harsh look at hatred in America.

84.) Anchorman
- "You pooped in the refrigerator? And ate a whole wheel of cheese? I'm not even mad. I'm impressed."

83.) The Princess Bride

82.) The Royal Tenenbaums

81.) The Wrestler

80.) Monty Python and the Quest of the Holy Grail

79.) Rear Window

78.) The Matrix
 - Honestly, two factors moved this down the list for me, the sequels and District 9. The sequels were just so lackluster while District 9 was really an incredible film where the first time I saw it I felt the same way I did when I first saw the Matrix.


77.) Good Will Hunting

76.) Glory

That's it for today. Tomorrow we hit up 75-50.

No comments:

Post a Comment